Should you be asked to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
This policy may change from time to time, which will occur when this page is updated. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01/01/2008.
What may be collected
This site may collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What may be done with that information
This information is required to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- Use of the information to improve products and services.
- Occasional promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, your may be contacted for market research purposes by email.
- To customise the website according to your interests.
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures have been put in place to safeguard and secure information which is collect.
How cookies are used
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Traffic log cookies are used to identify which pages are being used. This helps in the analysis of webpage traffic to improve the website in order to tailor it to customer needs. This information is only used for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system after a period of time.
Overall, cookies help in provide you with a better website by enabling monitoring of which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Further information about cookies
For further information about cookies, please refer to:
- your browser’s Help function
- your browser provider’s website
You can also:
- find information on internet browser cookies on the Directgov website
- read guidance on controlling cookies on the AboutCookies.org website
- find information about cookies on the All About Cookies website
Links to other websites
This website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that I cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing email@example.com.
Your personal information will not be sold, distributed or leased to third parties unless you agree or are unless I am required by law to do so. Your personal information may be used to send you promotional information about third parties which you may find interesting if you agree that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which is held about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information held on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email the above address. Any information found to be incorrect will be promptly corrected.