Defensive value investing is an approach to investing which focuses on building and managing high yield, low risk share portfolios. It’s also the approach used to manage the UKVI model portfolio.
The articles below cover most of the strategy, but if you want to understand every detail of defensive value investing then you’ll need to read The Defensive Value Investor.
Analysing company accounts
- How to find shares that pay a reliable dividend
- How to find reliable, profitable dividend growth
- Fast dividend growers – How to find them
- Taking account of Return on Capital Employed
- The capital cycle is something every investor should be aware of
- Measuring leverage
- Debt ratios and pension ratios: Connecting the dots between them
- Defensive shares – An unusual way to value them
Analysing a company’s business
- Value traps – 18 Questions to help you avoid them
- 10 Questions every stock picker needs to ask
- Looking for companies with a durable competitive advantage
- The pros and cons of building an investment story
Managing a share portfolio
- 3 Components of a well-diversified portfolio
- How I’m increasing my focus on defensive sectors
- Why a diversified portfolio is easier to manage than a concentrated one
- How to start building a portfolio of shares
- How I add new money to existing shareholdings
Take the next step
If you want to learn more about defensive value investing, you should subscribe to the blog and download these free resources.