The investment newsletter for dividend-focused value investors
Your style and approach have been an oasis of sanity in a crazy financial world. I have learnt a great deal from you in the time I have subscribed.Tim C, private investor
Helping investors build high yield low risk portfolios
As a full-time investor I am dedicated to building, maintaining and growing a high yield, low risk portfolio of shares for myself and my family.
This takes a lot of work, and over the years I have developed a systematic investment strategy and a range of supporting tools to maximise the time I invest in the business of investing.
The UK Value Investor newsletter and its supporting website are my way of sharing all of my investment tools, my latest buy/sell research and my entire portfolio with an exclusive group of like-minded investors.
In summary, my investment strategy involves:
1) Ranking a large number of dividend-paying stocks: Every day I update a stock screen of about 200 FTSE All-Share companies, each of which has a ten-year unbroken record of dividend payments. Companies are ranked by their income, growth, quality and value characteristics.
2) Buying above average companies with above average yields: I do detailed research on one or more top-ranked stocks, with the primary goal of adding one above average company with an above average yield to my portfolio every other month.
3) Selling below average companies with below average yields: On alternate months I remove one holding from my portfolio, usually one which is no longer an above average company, no longer has an above average yield, or both.
Today, more than 200 subscribers have full access to my stock screen, a model version of my portfolio and all of my latest buy/sell research.
As a subscriber, here’s what you’ll get:
A monthly investment newsletter
I’m not a fan of jargon so I write this newsletter with the lay investor in mind. In other words, a private investor who’s interested in investing but only has a limited amount of time to spend on it.
The newsletter is published in the first week of each month in PDF and HTML format, and contains:
- FTSE 100 and FTSE 250 valuations: A brief review of the latest FTSE 100 and FTSE 250 CAPE ratios and other useful valuation metrics.
- Model portfolio review: All the latest annual, interim and trading updates from the portfolio’s holdings as well as a list of all holdings and their current status.
- Detailed buy or sell review: As described above, every month I buy or sell one company. The idea is to continuously improve the portfolio by increasing the average quality of its holdings and increasing the average yield.
- Defensive value stock screen: Containing around 200 dividend-paying FTSE All-Share stocks sorted by a combination of growth, quality, income and value.
- Reader Q&A: Answers to recent questions from subscribers
Here’s a sample issue of the newsletter in PDF format.
A unique stock screen
The stock screen contains around 200 companies from the FTSE All-Share index, each of which has a ten-year unbroken record of dividend payments.
Companies are ranked by a combination of income, growth, quality and value, making it easier to find above average companies with above average yields.
You can find a hard copy of the stock screen in the monthly newsletter and an interactive stock screen on the subscriber-only website which is updated daily.
The interactive stock screen can be sorted or filtered by any column. You can also download the stock screen’s data into your own spreadsheet for further analysis.
You can find out more about the stock screen here.
An extremely realistic model portfolio
The model portfolio is a copy of the portfolio’s I manage for myself and my family and it holds exactly the same stocks with similar position sizes.
The only difference is the absolute size of the portfolio and the fact that no cash is added to or removed from the portfolio other than an initial and virtual £50,000 investment in 2011.
The model portfolio holds around 30 dividend-paying companies, all of which have been selected from the top end of the stock screen over the last few years.
The subscriber-only website include a complete breakdown of the model portfolio’s holdings, including links to the latest annual report, the original purchase review and any subsequent annual or interim reviews from the newsletter.
You can find out more about the model portfolio here.
Detailed monthly buy/sell reviews
Each month one company is added to or removed from the model portfolio. The idea is to continuously improve the portfolio by removing below average companies with below average yields and replacing them with above average companies with above average yields.
The choice of what to buy or sell is based partly on the company’s stock screen rank, but most of the decision rests on an extensive hands-on review.
These reviews typically take several days to complete and they explain, in detail, why a particular company is about to be bought or sold.
The newsletter is published a few days before I make the trade in the model portfolio and my family’s portfolios, so subscribers get a chance to act on the information (or not) before I do.
To summarise, here’s what you’ll get as a subscriber:
- Monthly issues of the UK Value Investor newsletter, published during the first week of each month in PDF and HTML format.
- Full access to the subscriber-only website, which includes the interactive stock screen, current holdings information pages and complete newsletter archive.
- Priority support by email, from me.
- A FREE copy of my book, The Defensive Value Investor.
- Exclusivity, with the number of subscribers strictly limited to 300.
- A 14-day money back guarantee: If you’re not 100% satisfied just cancel within your first 14 days for a full refund.
Auto renews. Cancel anytime.
Do you back your ideas with your own money?
Yes. More than 90% of my family’s investments are held in exactly the same companies as the model portfolio.
How do I renew?
Your subscription will renew automatically until cancelled.
What will the subscription fee be when it renews?
Your subscription will automatically renew at the same price each month or year, so you will see no price rises, ever.
How do I cancel my subscription?
There is no long-term contract and you can cancel anytime. Just use the contact form on the website. If you cancel within your first 14 days you’ll receive a full refund.
Have another question?
Please get in touch.
Regulation: This service is for informational and educational purposes only and does not provide investment advice. It is therefore not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. It is for investors who can make their own investment decisions without advice. You should always carry out your own research and factual verification and come to your own conclusions before making any investment decision. If you are unsure of an investment you should consult a regulated independent financial adviser. You must read and agree to the terms and conditions before joining.
Risk warning: The value of shares and the income from them can go down as well as up, so you could get back less than you invested. You should not invest with money you cannot afford to lose. You should invest with a time horizon of at least five years. Past performance is not a reliable guide to future performance.
Private investors only: This service is for individual private investors only. If you are a professional investor or financial adviser and would like a corporate subscription please get in touch.