Each issue of the UK Value Investor newsletter includes a stock screen covering more than 200 FTSE All-Share companies, each of which has a ten-year unbroken record of dividend payments.
This screen is used as the first step in deciding which stocks to add to the model portfolio (the second step is an analysis of the company’s business, rather than just its accounts).
The stock screen ranks stocks by a combination of five factors:
- Growth Rate – How fast a company has grown over ten years
- Growth Quality – How consistently a company has grown over ten years
- Profitability – How profitable a company has been over ten years
- PE10 ratio – The share price to ten-year average earnings ratio
- PD10 ratio – The share price to ten-year average dividend ratio
If you want to find out exactly how each of those factors is calculated have a look at the free resources page; there are worksheets and spreadsheets where you can calculate each factor for any company.
To see what the stock screen looks like in the newsletter, have a look at these sample issues.
Interactive online stock screen
As a subscriber you’ll also have access to an interactive online version of the stock screen.
With the online stock screen you can:
- Sort: Re-order the list of companies by dividend yield, growth rate, profitability, or any other column.
- Select: Restrict the list of stocks using your own criteria, such as FTSE 100 stocks with dividend yields above 4% and growth rates above 5%.
- Download: For experienced investors, go one step further by downloading either your selected data or the whole dataset into a spreadsheet for further analysis.
Take a look at this sample version of the online stock screen.